Ode to Chan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

European Tour canceled and probably rescheduled for early 2013

+6
Val
tumbleweed
Chan Fender
Cokelike
Sab
Nicolaoua
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

European Tour canceled and probably rescheduled for early 2013 Empty European Tour canceled and probably rescheduled for early 2013

Post  Nicolaoua Wed 31 Oct - 6:55

I MAY HAVE TO CANCEL MY EUROPEAN TOUR DUE TO BANKRUPTCY & MY HEALTH STRUGGLE WITH ANGIOEDEMA. I HAVE NOT THROWN IN ANY TOWEL, I AM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT BEST I CAN DO. HEART BROKEN. WORKED SO HARD. GOT SICK DAY AFTER "SUN" CAME OUT & BEEN STRUGGLING TO KEEP ALL POINTS OF ME IN EQUILIBRIUM : MIND, SPIRIT, BODY HEALTHY CENTERED & GROUNDED. I AM DOING THE BEST I CAN. I FUCKING LOVE THIS PLANET. I REFUSE TO GIVE UP. THOUGH I MAY NEED TO RESTRATAGIZE FOR MY SECURITY & HEALTH.

Chan on Instagram Shocked Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Nicolaoua on Tue 6 Nov - 17:09; edited 3 times in total
Nicolaoua
Nicolaoua
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/Ode-to-Chan-the-Cat-Power-forum-5496916

Back to top Go down

European Tour canceled and probably rescheduled for early 2013 Empty Re: European Tour canceled and probably rescheduled for early 2013

Post  Sab Wed 31 Oct - 7:46

Nicolaoua wrote: I MAY HAVE TO CANCEL MY EUROPEAN TOUR DUE TO BANKRUPTCY & MY HEALTH STRUGGLE WITH ANGIOEDEMA. I HAVE NOT THROWN IN ANY TOWEL, I AM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT BEST I CAN DO. HEART BROKEN. WORKED SO HARD. GOT SICK DAY AFTER "SUN" CAME OUT & BEEN STRUGGLING TO KEEP ALL POINTS OF ME IN EQUILIBRIUM : MIND, SPIRIT, BODY HEALTHY CENTERED & GROUNDED. I AM DOING THE BEST I CAN. I FUCKING LOVE THIS PLANET. I REFUSE TO GIVE UP. THOUGH I MAY NEED TO RESTRATAGIZE FOR MY SECURITY & HEALTH.

Chan on Instagram Shocked Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

NoooooooOOOOooooo! Crying or Very sad

Poor Chan... Sad
Sab
Sab

Back to top Go down

European Tour canceled and probably rescheduled for early 2013 Empty Re: European Tour canceled and probably rescheduled for early 2013

Post  Cokelike Wed 31 Oct - 7:55

Oh, man. Hang in there Chan!!! Sad
Cokelike
Cokelike

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicolaoua Wed 31 Oct - 8:02

I'm devastated.

I understand the health issue and i already written here that i was worried about what was happening. If Chan's life or career are in jeopardy, i would welcome the cancellation with relief.
Once i said that, i must admit that i don't completely understand the bankruptcy part. Does it mean that the Tour costs too much money? Question
Nicolaoua
Nicolaoua
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sab Wed 31 Oct - 8:41

Nicolaoua wrote:
I'm devastated.

I understand the health issue and i already written here that i was worried about what was happening. If Chan's life or career are in jeopardy, i would welcome the cancellation with relief.
Once i said that, i must admit that i don't completely understand the bankruptcy part. Does it mean that the Tour costs too much money? Question

Me too...So sad. I was so happy to see her twice and in other cities than mine. Sad

For what she said about the money, do you think that this kind of show with lights and pictures is very expensive? From what I saw on instagram she's doing her merchandizing (t-shirts)herself because she has no money.
Sab
Sab

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicolaoua Wed 31 Oct - 8:50

Honestly i'm puzzled. If money is the problem, sold out (or almost sold out) shows should solve it. scratch

In fact Chan's message is scaring me. No
Nicolaoua
Nicolaoua
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicolaoua Wed 31 Oct - 9:13

I feel choke, emotionnaly broke...
Nicolaoua
Nicolaoua
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sab Wed 31 Oct - 9:20

Nicolaoua wrote:

console Restons positifs. Elle fera tout son possible pour honorer cette tournée européenne. Gardons espoir.
Sab
Sab

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicolaoua Wed 31 Oct - 9:25

Sab wrote:
Nicolaoua wrote:

console Restons positifs. Elle fera tout son possible pour honorer cette tournée européenne. Gardons espoir.

Non mais au-delà de la possible annulation dont je parviendrai à me remettre, ce qui fait chier c'est de s'apercevoir que pour Chan en fait ça ne va pas du tout et de n'avoir aucune prise là-dessus.
Nicolaoua
Nicolaoua
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sab Wed 31 Oct - 10:00

Nicolaoua wrote:
Sab wrote:
Nicolaoua wrote:

Non mais au-delà de la possible annulation dont je parviendrai à me remettre, ce qui fait chier c'est de s'apercevoir que pour Chan en fait ça ne va pas du tout et de n'avoir aucune prise là-dessus.

Oui, en effet. Ca doit être super usant pour elle et très très frustrant. On ne peut qu'être inquiets pour elle. Envoyons lui toutes nos pensées positives, malheureusement c'est tout ce qu'on peut faire.
Sab
Sab

Back to top Go down

Post  Chan Fender Wed 31 Oct - 10:36

Sad Sad Bad news ....no words
So sad for her, so sad for us
Moi aussi je trouve que tout ça n'est pas rassurant.
J'étais si contente de la voir sur trois dates cette année Sad
Let's keep hoping
Chan Fender
Chan Fender

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicolaoua Wed 31 Oct - 10:41

If only we had an adress to send them, i would propose to put money together to offer her a flower bouquet ...
Nicolaoua
Nicolaoua
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tumbleweed Wed 31 Oct - 17:13

Sorry but I find this "bankruptcy" claim a little odd... that would only make sense if she were personally renting all the venues and selling the tickets herself. She works with Ground Control touring in the US and I am sure European booking agents as well. It seems like this may be a dramatic way of asking for a higher cut of the Euro tour profits. A previous message connected her "bankruptcy" with her illness, but so far it hasn't prevented her from doing any of the US shows except for Phladelphia. It is clear she does not have a manager or else these types of messages to her fans and the media would be filtered more carefully.

tumbleweed

http://www.plotslaidthick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicolaoua Wed 31 Oct - 17:23

tumbleweed wrote:Sorry but I find this "bankruptcy" claim a little odd...

It's indeed something that i still don't understand.
Normally, Tour=Money, so cancelling it doesn't make sense for this reason, unless the tickets are selling poorly, which is not the case at least in Paris, London and Brussels (sold out).
Nicolaoua
Nicolaoua
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cokelike Wed 31 Oct - 19:05

Like I was telling Nicolauoa, I think she should try to add additional shows to the venues that are sold out. Though maybe its too late to do that. It would save money on travel costs and probably yield a few more sold out shows. But hey, who knows what the particulars are regarding any touring problems...
Cokelike
Cokelike

Back to top Go down

Post  tumbleweed Wed 31 Oct - 20:23

Also, if she truly wants her health to improve she should stop drinking and smoking cigarettes and weed, for real this time. This could be a late stage of alcoholism, sadly enough.

tumbleweed

http://www.plotslaidthick.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Val Wed 31 Oct - 21:10

Inquiétant...
J'évitais de lire les comptes rendus, ou de regarder les vidéos de la tournée US pour ne pas trop faire monter la pression et y aller dans un esprit de totale découverte, je crois que j'ai peut-être bien fait. ça m'attriste pour elle et pour nous. Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Val on Wed 31 Oct - 21:54; edited 1 time in total

Val

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicolaoua Wed 31 Oct - 23:22

J'étais le premier sur le coup en France. bigboss

Bon, vivement qu'on en sache un peu plus, car sinon ça va me gaver cette histoire...
Annoncer qu'une tournée est annulée, j'avais déjà entendu, par contre qu'elle sera peut-être annulée, pour moi c'est une première et je n'aime pas particulièrement ça.
Nicolaoua
Nicolaoua
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Val Wed 31 Oct - 23:25

You're the best ! cheers
En tout cas sur le site du trianon c'est toujours prévu.
Effectivement l'attente du verdict va être pénible

Val

Back to top Go down

European Tour canceled and probably rescheduled for early 2013 Empty Article

Post  Cokelike Thu 1 Nov - 3:53

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/entertainment/2012/10/theres-no-money-indie-music-cat-power-broke/58552/

You know times are tough for indie musicians when even Chan Marshall—who released a Top 10 Billboard album and played sold-out concerts this year—is bankrupt. The singer known as Cat Power has announced a likely cancellation of her upcoming European tour because of financial and health problems. Before taking the stage in Minneapolis last night, Marshall broke the news on Instagram with the following message:

I MAY HAVE TO CANCEL MY EUROPEAN TOUR DUE TO BANKRUPTCY & MY HEALTH STRUGGLE WITH ANGIOEDEMA. I HAVE NOT THROWN IN ANY TOWEL, I AM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT BEST I CAN DO ...

It's no shock to learn that musicians lead financially precarious lives, but the thought of an artist as big as Cat Power going broke is particularly disheartening. The album Marshall released last month was as successful as any indie product could hope to be in 2012. Sun broke the Bilboard Top 10 and made a splash in Europe, peaking at No. 6 in France. It went over just as well with the critics, with reviewers calling the album "honest, accomplished, and pretty much just beautiful." Then she did what's required of every modern day songstress wanting to put bread on her table—she went out and played, selling out a number of clubs. If that's not enough to turn a profit in indie music, then all the artists who didn't make it onto the Juno soundtrack must be very deep in the red.

Marshall's bankruptcy resonates with the angle Nitsuh Abebe took in his recent New York cover story on Grizzly Bear. Abebe showed that "hitting the big time" for today's musicians means having enough to pay the bills, feed yourself, and maybe buy a few vinyl records now and then. Health insurance remains a huge concern. Some Grizzly Bear members admitted to being uninsured. Marshall hasn't publicly disclosed her insurance status or commented on whether health costs led to her bankruptcy. But let's hope she has a health plan, because she's been something of a fixture at Miami's Mt. Sinai Medical Center lately. In 2006, she checked in for alcohol addiction, and last month she was back in one of their hospital beds for undisclosed reasons. Her admission that she suffers from angioedema—a serious condition that causes swelling in the face, tongue, and throat, sometimes leading to life-threatening suffocation—is scary. With or without coverage, these kinds of persistent medical issues can spell the end of a musician's career. Or at least force them to put music on the back-burner while working a day job for the health benefits.

Everyone knows that artists go out on a financial limb by committing to creativity as a career. But it's beginning to look like even the most successful musicians—the ones that grace magazine covers and inspire bloggers to gush out 2,000-word think-pieces—soon won't be able to eke out a living from their craft. In retrospect, Sun's closing track "Peace And Love" was full of clues about Marshall's flagging financial health. Her angry lyrics referenced the 99 percent, Wall Street, and the paltry sums artists accrue in the post-Spotify marketplace.

A hundred-thousand hits on the internet
But that don't mean shit
Even if you're legitimate.

Now we know Marshall wasn't just channeling generalized, post-recession frustration through her music. She was singing very specifically about her own diminished economic prospects.
Cokelike
Cokelike

Back to top Go down

European Tour canceled and probably rescheduled for early 2013 Empty Article

Post  Cokelike Thu 1 Nov - 4:15

Cokelike
Cokelike

Back to top Go down

Post  Cokelike Thu 1 Nov - 4:25

I hope so much that Chan finds a way to make her European tour happen. I hope very much that she knows she has fans and we will support her as much as we can. I am glad I bought one of her silkscreen shirts but now feel like I should have bought another one (I could have done that). I also hope very much that her health improves. Its never ever fun to be sick and not at the top of your game. And we all know that Chan is a perfectionist when playing live and is probably not enjoying not being able to give 100% every night. Do what you have to do Chan.
Cokelike
Cokelike

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicolaoua Thu 1 Nov - 7:56

They are jumping to conclusions too quickly from fragmented information.
Chan wrote that she is bankrupt but it doesn't mean that there is no money in music business. It just means that she spent more money than she earned, whatever the reason.
I don't know how big this money problem is but for such an artist there are always solutions like releasing a live album, producing and selling goodies via kickstarter, etc.

If this problem is due to health insurances costs, she can marry me and become french. Problem solved. clown
Nicolaoua
Nicolaoua
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicolaoua Thu 1 Nov - 19:05

European Tour canceled and probably rescheduled for early 2013 Image_30

bounce That was close!
Nicolaoua
Nicolaoua
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next