Ode to Chan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Présentez-vous/Introduce yourself

+15
Jeremy
vikking
Flyvapnet
desperateK
foomoo
silent-machine
Cokelike
changeling
Sab
Nathynat
Blue Jay Way
camille.
NoLookPass
Val
Nicolaoua
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Présentez-vous/Introduce yourself - Page 3 Empty Re: Présentez-vous/Introduce yourself

Post  ColossalSky Thu 3 Apr - 5:36

Hello!! my name is ethan i'm from méxico and i discovered chan a month ago and i keep digging deeper and i really love her music
ColossalSky
ColossalSky

Back to top Go down

Présentez-vous/Introduce yourself - Page 3 Empty Re: Présentez-vous/Introduce yourself

Post  Cokelike Thu 3 Apr - 5:40

ColossalSky wrote:Hello!! my name is ethan i'm from méxico and i discovered chan a month ago and i keep digging deeper and i really love her music

Hi, Ethan, I'm glad you are here! You're in the right place!  Smile
Cokelike
Cokelike

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicolaoua Thu 3 Apr - 7:11

Welcome! You are indeed in the right place. If you want to ask a question, if you need any information or if you simply want to share your thoughts/feelings, well, please do!  coucou
Nicolaoua
Nicolaoua
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/Ode-to-Chan-the-Cat-Power-forum-5496916

Back to top Go down

Post  Rooksby Thu 19 Apr - 15:27

Hi all. I live in England and first saw Chan play w-a-y back in 1996 (!!) when Steve Shelley and Tim Foljahn were still part of the band. I discovered her entirely by accident - she was playing second-on-the-bill (supporting the long-frgotten NYC band Guv'ner) in a tiny local pub/bar to an audience of maybe 30-40 people. I hadn't heard her music before but was instantly smitten - by her dark, downcast songs but also by her mesmerising presence. I was astonished that such a (then) frail-looking girl could make such powerful, arresting music. I left with a copy of What Would The Community Think and the Catpower Goes To Guvnerville 45 and have been buying her music ever since. I've only seen her play twice since: once locally on the Moon Pix tour with the Dirty Three guys (unfortunately she was very unhappy that evening and it was very upsetting to watch), and again in London a few years later (a much more satisfying performance, though the venue was a bit too big for my liking, I much prefer intimate shows, moan moan...). I'm really looking forward to seeing her again later this year - anywhere, I don't care where!

By the way, my French is terriblé (non-existant actually) - pardon! - but I'm sure I'll enjoy the forum anyway. : )
Rooksby
Rooksby

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicolaoua Fri 20 Apr - 9:04

How lucky you are! I wish i could have seen Cat Power 20 years ago!

The forum is not very crowded these days but it might change soon if the new album is really released this year...
Anyway, you are not the only Bob Dylan fan here. Wink
Nicolaoua
Nicolaoua
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rooksby Fri 20 Apr - 16:10

And I wish I'd taped it! Or kept my ticket stub, or "liberated" a poster after the show.

I'm sure the forum will spring back into life as soon as Chan starts doing press for the new LP.

Bob? I have far too many Dylan albums, my dad's fault!
Rooksby
Rooksby

Back to top Go down

Post  EvaM Wed 11 Jul - 19:56

Salut & hello!
(I'm not sure I'm doing this right because I'm not often posting in a forum)

This is Eva, I'm soon 29, and come from and live in a not very big place in rural Austria, where I currently live and work on the family farm.

I'm so happy to have found this website & the excellent facebook page as I've finally fallen deeply in love with her music in the past few months and have been listening to her quasi nonstop since. But this had a long-time coming - I have known her for about 10 years, I guess, from songs from the indie/"alternative" radio station, and good film soundtracks, and always found her voice magnificent. Last year in summer I was finally lucky enough to be able to see her in concert as she played in Linz, only an hour away from where I live - and it was a very unique, beautiful experience that I'll always cherish and hopefully one day, soon, repeat? - and I was already very much in love back then, and had digged into her discography. Still, it was a summery day a few months ago during work that I randomly chose to listen to Myra Lee... and suddenly found myself listening on repeat, and getting back to the CDs and files I had of her and going through all of it. And I'm absolutely astonished by the broad scope of her music and recordings - there's an individual special place in my heart for every album of hers. I can't wait to learn more about this amazing artist with you guys -- and I see that this must be a very fortunate year to become a big fan, I am so very curious and excited about all these new album news!
EvaM
EvaM

Back to top Go down

Post  Cokelike Thu 12 Jul - 16:42

EvaM wrote:Salut & hello!

I can't wait to learn more about this amazing artist with you guys -- and I see that this must be a very fortunate year to become a big fan, I am so very curious and excited about all these new album news!

Welcome! Glad you're here.

This is true. We're all curious and waiting for the new album release. Finally, after a 6 year wait, we'll get to hear her 10th album.
Cokelike
Cokelike

Back to top Go down

Post  EvaM Fri 13 Jul - 7:55

Cokelike wrote:

This is true. We're all curious and waiting for the new album release. Finally, after a 6 year wait, we'll get to hear her 10th album.

I can imagine that it's been quite a wait. But worth it! I do feel lucky to have joined (and (re)discovered my love) this very year Very Happy
EvaM
EvaM

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicolaoua Fri 13 Jul - 18:24

Welcome Eva, it's always a pleasure to see a new "face" here!
Nicolaoua
Nicolaoua
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EricVaughan Mon 20 Sep - 10:19

Bonjour, je m'appelle Eric et j'aime le travail de Cat Power. Il y a quelque chose dans cette musique qui m'attire fortement et je veux juste me présenter et dire merci pour ce forum... Smile

EricVaughan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3