Ode to Chan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3/22/03 - Washington, DC, 9:30 Club

Go down

3/22/03 - Washington, DC, 9:30 Club Empty 3/22/03 - Washington, DC, 9:30 Club

Post  Cokelike Sun 10 Jun - 5:41

3/22/03 - Washington, DC, 9:30 Club

This was the 30th performance of the tour.

Review by Dawson Heck
http://web.archive.org/web/20040611050136/http://moonpix.com/reviews/fanreview.php4?ID=8

The performance was a little awkward while Chan played with the band, but the audience stayed with her--and she rocked!.. However, things went rapidly downhill from there as she went solo. She didn't seem to know for sure what she wanted to do. It appeared early on that she seemed to be making it all up as she went along. She had a set sheet, but from the reactions of the band they were usually with the wrong instruments. She stopped playing one song at the piano probably 10 times before she finally finished it. She wasn't happy with the monitor for the piano; then her voice monitor. She started complaining that she had to pee. Then she said she was tired and had to pee. Whereas she started with a fairly full house, by this time at least half the house had packed it in. Her tour manager visited her on stage three times. After the first visit, she said that he had told her to get her shit together. The band came back to help her finish what was supposed to be her last song. They left the stage at the end, but Chan stayed on. Finally, her house sound person told her on the stage monitor to, "Say goodnight, Gracie." I'm glad I was there for the performace since it was my first opportunity to see her, but it was one of the worst performaces I have witnessed. And I see a lot. Finally, I still don't consider that I have seen her as she was not illuminated throughout the set.

Cokelike
Cokelike

Back to top Go down