Ode to Chan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You Are Free - 2003

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

You Are Free - 2003 - Page 2 Empty Re: You Are Free - 2003

Post  Sab Tue 19 Feb - 19:58

Chan Fender wrote:
Sab wrote:My favourite one!

Je ne désespère pas d'entendre Speak for me ou He War en live un de ces jours...

So do I! "Speak for me" is my favorite from all the Cat Power songs, I wonder if Chan has ever played it in a show??

No, never saw those songs on a setlist...
Sab
Sab

Back to top Go down

Post  Cokelike Wed 20 Feb - 5:41

Sab wrote:
Chan Fender wrote:
Sab wrote:My favourite one!

Je ne désespère pas d'entendre Speak for me ou He War en live un de ces jours...

So do I! "Speak for me" is my favorite from all the Cat Power songs, I wonder if Chan has ever played it in a show??

No, never saw those songs on a setlist...

Right, the closest for "Speak For Me" and "He War" that I've come across are the clips I posted. In the "He War" clip she says something about it being too hard to play or that it used to be simpler to play before she recorded it or something. This is probably why she has never played "Free" either, its tough to play those chords perfectly and sing at the same time. The other 11 songs from the album have been played live, although some much more often than others. "I Dont Blame You" is the only song from the album still being played live.

Here's the only other version of "Shaking Paper" I've heard. From 5/23/97, WNUR:

Cokelike
Cokelike

Back to top Go down

Post  Chan Fender Tue 26 Feb - 22:42

Totally agree, those songs are very hard to play, singing at the same time. But now that there are other members in the group, so let's put Greg at guitar, girls at chorus and drums, Chan concentrating at singing and we could get a live version of those songs Smile
Come on Chan!
Chan Fender
Chan Fender

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2