Ode to Chan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1/23/03 - "Peel Session", BBC Radio, London, England

2 posters

Go down

1/23/03 - "Peel Session", BBC Radio, London, England Empty 1/23/03 - "Peel Session", BBC Radio, London, England

Post  Cokelike Fri 8 Jun - 5:56

1/23/03 - "Peel Session", BBC Radio, London, England
Aired 2/12/03

1. Names - 5:18
2. Funny Things - 3:02
3. Evolution - 3:35
4. I Dont Blame You - 3:12
Total Time - 15:07

In advance of the release of her new album "You Are Free" and the supporting tour Chan recorded some songs for John Peel's radio program. I believe this was her 3rd "Peel Session", the previous ones being 6/18/00 and 7/19/01. She plays 3 tracks from "You Are Free" and a song that is still officially unreleased.

"Names" is performed fairly close to the You Are Free version. At the end she plays a piano pattern that seems to belong to another song which I think is called "Norma Jean". The song runs about a half minute longer than the album version.  

"Funny Things" is an unreleased song that at one time was planned to be included on her Sun album. It's played on guitar.  

"Evolution" is again very close to the album version. The difference here is that she only sings through the lyrics once instead of twice and also it's just her without Eddie Vedder (of course).

"I Dont Blame You" is played on guitar instead of the more familiar piano version heard on the album.

Like all "Peel Sessions" this performance was recorded very well.

Last edited by Cokelike on Thu 25 Jul - 5:56; edited 1 time in total
Cokelike
Cokelike

Back to top Go down

1/23/03 - "Peel Session", BBC Radio, London, England Empty Re: 1/23/03 - "Peel Session", BBC Radio, London, England

Post  Jeremy Mon 17 Jun - 13:01

I don't know if you're still looking for a high quality version of the Peel Sessions but I found a FLAC version. Same tracklisting: 

01 Names
02 Funny Things
03 Evolution
04 I Don't Blame You

+ another session dated 2000/07/20:

01 Sophisticated Lady
02 Hard Times In New York City
03 Wonderwall
04 He Was A Friend Of Mine
05 Deep Inside / Come Up In My Kitchen
06 Werewolf
07 Up & Gone
08 Sister / Knocking On Heaven's Door
09 Freebird

It doesn't really matter but actually, dates don't match. Link http://100greatestbootlegs.blogspot.fr/2012/09/flac-cat-power-peel-sessions.html

The extraction password is chanpeeltwo
Jeremy
Jeremy

http://music-for-the-road.blogspot.fr/

Back to top Go down

1/23/03 - "Peel Session", BBC Radio, London, England Empty Re: 1/23/03 - "Peel Session", BBC Radio, London, England

Post  Cokelike Mon 17 Jun - 15:10

I have seen this before, but thanks for posting. The dates used on that website are the broadcast dates. I always try to use the actual recording dates for her radio sessions on here (with the broadcast dates noted as well).
Cokelike
Cokelike

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down