Ode to Chan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you had to make a Cat Power "best of".../ Et si vous deviez faire un best of de Cat Power...

3 posters

Go down

If you had to make a Cat Power "best of".../ Et si vous deviez faire un best of de Cat Power... Empty If you had to make a Cat Power "best of".../ Et si vous deviez faire un best of de Cat Power...

Post  Nicolaoua Mon 5 Mar - 12:56

According to me, two things are missing in Cat Power's discography: a live album and a nice compilation. Of course, nowadays with downloads, the concept of album and even more of "best of" can seem old fashioned. Anyway, if you had to make a Cat Power compilation, what would it look like?

I've just made such a compilation for a friend of mine:

1-Rockets
2-Nude as the news
3-Colors and the kids
4-Cross bones style
5-Sea of love
6-Good woman
7-Werewolf
8-He war
9-The greatest
10-Lived in bars
11-Love and communication
12-New York New York
13-Metal Heart
14-I believe in you
15-Naked, if i wanted to
16-Angelitos Negros

Obviously, i put too much stuff from Jukebox but i have a soft spot for these songs...

-----------------------------------

D'après moi, il manque 2 choses à la discographie de Cat Power: un bel album live et une compilation. Bien sûr, de nos jours avec le téléchargement, les concepts d'album ou de compilation peuvent paraitre un brin démodés. Quoi qu'il en soit, si vous deviez faire une compilation des chansons de Cat Power, à quoi ressemblerait-elle?
La liste ci-dessus est celle que je viens de faire pour un ami. Je pense avoir sur-représenté Jukebox mais j'ai un faible pour ces chansons...
Nicolaoua
Nicolaoua
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/Ode-to-Chan-the-Cat-Power-forum-5496916

Back to top Go down

If you had to make a Cat Power "best of".../ Et si vous deviez faire un best of de Cat Power... Empty Compilation Album

Post  Cokelike Tue 6 Mar - 0:36

In the Soft Focus interview, she's asked about putting out a live album and replies something like "It's already been done, it's out there." I assume she was talking about one of those shows that were broadcast on FM radio from the Greatest tour. If she put out a live album, I'd prefer it be a solo show.

I've made a few compilations of her stuff to listen to in the car and give to friends. If I made another one it might look something like this. I tried to stick to her albums without putting on a bunch of her live stuff.

1. Headlights (Dear Sir version)
2. In This Hole (Covers Record version)
3. Nude As The News
4. Metal Heart (Moonpix version)
5. Back Of Your Head
6. Cross Bones Style
7. I Found A Reason
8. Free
9. Maybe Not
10. Evolution
11. The Greatest (eMusic EP version)
12. Who Knows Where The Times Goes? (Live Session EP version)
13. Remember Me (eMusic EP version)
14. Oh, Time (Live 11/6/06)
15. Lived In Bars
16. Hey Aretha, Sing One For Me
17. Song To Bobby
18. A Kind Of Peace
19. King Rides By (2011 version)
20. Tonight You Belong To Me

Total Time: 79:12
Cokelike
Cokelike

Back to top Go down

If you had to make a Cat Power "best of".../ Et si vous deviez faire un best of de Cat Power... Empty Re: If you had to make a Cat Power "best of".../ Et si vous deviez faire un best of de Cat Power...

Post  Sab Tue 6 Mar - 21:17

Je vais me limiter aux titres non-live, pce que les live mériteraient également un best of, impossible de faire le tri pour moi. Je tiens à préciser que ce n'est pas forcément dans l'ordre de mes préférences, sauf pour Metal Heart 2008 que je vénère! cheers

1. Metal Heart 2008
2. Fortunate Son
3. Rockets
4. Could We
5. Willie
6. Hate
7. Love & Communication
8. The Greatest
9. King Rides By 2011
10. King rides By 1996
11. Metal Heart 1998
12. Cross Bone Style
13. Nude as the news
14. Speak for me
15. He war
16. Maybe not
17. Werewolf
18. Top Expert
19. Haiku Ten
20. I've been thiniking
Sab
Sab

Back to top Go down

If you had to make a Cat Power "best of".../ Et si vous deviez faire un best of de Cat Power... Empty Re: If you had to make a Cat Power "best of".../ Et si vous deviez faire un best of de Cat Power...

Post  Invité Wed 7 Mar - 16:54

Heres my compilation, I tried to use 20 songs but its impossible, just so many good ones.

1 Rockets
2 Top Expert
3 King Rides By (WWTCT)
4 American Flag
5 Metal Heart (Moon Pix)
6 Moonshiner
7 Colours And The Kids
8 In This Hole (Covers Record)
9 Good Woman
10 No Sense
11 Speak For Me
12 Werewolf
13 Half Of You
14 The Greatest
15 Living Proof
16 After It All
17 Love And Communication
18 Maybe Not
19 Ice Water
20 Wealthy Man
21 Kingsport Town
22 Great Expectations
23 I Found A Reason

Invité

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicolaoua Fri 9 Mar - 17:39

I suppose that you don't really like Jukebox, do you? Wink
Nicolaoua
Nicolaoua
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/Ode-to-Chan-the-Cat-Power-forum-5496916

Back to top Go down

Post  Invité Fri 9 Mar - 19:27

I just dont listen to it very often, maybe I should

Invité

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down