Ode to Chan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1/25/18 - Los Angeles, CA, Zebulon Cafe, "Art Los Angeles Contemporary After Party"

2 posters

Go down

1/25/18 - Los Angeles, CA, Zebulon Cafe, "Art Los Angeles Contemporary After Party" Empty 1/25/18 - Los Angeles, CA, Zebulon Cafe, "Art Los Angeles Contemporary After Party"

Post  Cokelike Tue 30 Jan - 17:15

1/25/18 - Los Angeles, CA, Zebulon Cafe, "Art Los Angeles Contemporary After Party"

Setlist:
Mustang
Pa-Pa Power
These Days - Song To Bobby Medley
Makin' Believe
Lord, Help The Poor And Needy
He Was A Friend Of Mine - Shivers Medley
I've Been Thinking
Wanderer
Bully
I'll Be Seeing You

This is the first performance of the year.  Here Chan plays at a private after party backed by Alianna and Erik (and others?). If "I've Been Thinking" was indeed played at this show, it would be the first known performance. I'm not sure what song "Mustang" is. 

1/25/18 - Los Angeles, CA, Zebulon Cafe, "Art Los Angeles Contemporary After Party" 111

1/25/18 - Los Angeles, CA, Zebulon Cafe, "Art Los Angeles Contemporary After Party" 211

1/25/18 - Los Angeles, CA, Zebulon Cafe, "Art Los Angeles Contemporary After Party" 311

1/25/18 - Los Angeles, CA, Zebulon Cafe, "Art Los Angeles Contemporary After Party" 411

1/25/18 - Los Angeles, CA, Zebulon Cafe, "Art Los Angeles Contemporary After Party" 511
Cokelike
Cokelike

Back to top Go down

1/25/18 - Los Angeles, CA, Zebulon Cafe, "Art Los Angeles Contemporary After Party" Empty Re: 1/25/18 - Los Angeles, CA, Zebulon Cafe, "Art Los Angeles Contemporary After Party"

Post  Nicolaoua Wed 31 Jan - 8:25

Since Nico is in fact These Days, could Mustang be Silver Stallion?
Nicolaoua
Nicolaoua
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/Ode-to-Chan-the-Cat-Power-forum-5496916

Back to top Go down

1/25/18 - Los Angeles, CA, Zebulon Cafe, "Art Los Angeles Contemporary After Party" Empty Re: 1/25/18 - Los Angeles, CA, Zebulon Cafe, "Art Los Angeles Contemporary After Party"

Post  Cokelike Wed 31 Jan - 15:01

It's a shame this was a private party. The odds that someone recorded video of "I've Been Thinking" (and it will be posted somewhere) are much lower than if it were a CP concert. Maybe we'll get lucky and she'll add this tune to her live show in the concerts later this year. Then again, seeing as how the new album is supposedly a more piano/guitar solo type affair, we are probably looking at more solo touring this year. And with that, it looks doubtful that she'll play a solo rendition. Looking at the setlist, I'm inclined to think that she had the band backing her up on this one. Another scenario could be that this was a special request from whoever convinced her to play this after-party, and she might not ever play this again.
Cokelike
Cokelike

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down