Ode to Chan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

9/7/03 - Sydney, Australia, The Basement

2 posters

Go down

9/7/03 - Sydney, Australia, The Basement Empty 9/7/03 - Sydney, Australia, The Basement

Post  Cokelike Wed 4 Jul - 11:00

Incomplete setlist:

After It All - 4:04
Willie - 7:11 -
I Dont Blame You - 3:31
Total Time: 14:46

This is the 3rd peformance of the Australian tour. Chan played solo for this performance.

The recording I have for this was made by Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) and aired as an FM Broadcast on the JJJ-FM program, "Sunday Live" some time in 2004. I'd like to say Thank You to Franger for sharing this. My copy is mp3, but it appearently circulates in FLAC. Does anyone have the FLAC version? The sound quality is excellent. It also includes a short introduction and outro from the radio station, which I have not included in my timing above.

After It All - Chan says, "Cheers! Hello!". There is an appearent edit then and she begins playing the song on guitar. This is played very well. At the end she makes a request for less vocals in her monitor. She begins playing the "The Party", but quickly stops and says, "I havent played any of these songs in a really long time."

Willie - She is now on piano. Here is one of the more funnier moments I have heard from Chan. She plays a few piano chords but stops and lets out a huge burp, saying "Isnt this great?" The audience laughs. "I love being... I love that I can be an artist. All the people who do interviews about being an artist, 'what's it like being an artist?'. 'Oh, its like really great, you can always be insane'. You guys should all be artists. It's really easy."

She then explains that "Willie" is a "true story about a cab ride I took from Tallahasee, Florida to Pensacola, Florida. And his name was Willie." She plays a great, long version of the song.

I Dont Blame You - Her playing is a little hesitant but this is not a bad version.

Last edited by Cokelike on Wed 4 Jul - 21:23; edited 1 time in total
Cokelike
Cokelike

Back to top Go down

9/7/03 - Sydney, Australia, The Basement Empty Re: 9/7/03 - Sydney, Australia, The Basement

Post  Sab Wed 4 Jul - 11:42

Cokelike wrote:

Willie - She is now on piano. Here is one of the more funnier moments I have heard from Chan. She plays a few piano chords but stops and lets out a huge burp, saying "Isnt this great?" The audience laughs. "I love being... I love that I can be an artist. All the people who do interviews about being an artist, 'what's it like being an artist?'. 'Oh, its like really great, you can always be insane'. You guys should all be artists. It's really easy."

Laughing She can be so funny!
Sab
Sab

Back to top Go down