Ode to Chan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official statement and informations about SUN + 1 new song: RUIN!

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Official statement and informations about SUN + 1 new song: RUIN! - Page 2 Empty Re: Official statement and informations about SUN + 1 new song: RUIN!

Post  Nicolaoua Tue 19 Jun - 6:24

Nathynat wrote:Comment on fait pour choper les titres itunes?
Embarassed

Pour l'instant il ne s'agit que d'une prévente: tu peux les acheter mais tu ne pourras les télécharger que le 3 septembre.
Seule RUIN est disponible mais comme elle est déjà offerte par ailleurs...
Nicolaoua
Nicolaoua
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/Ode-to-Chan-the-Cat-Power-forum-5496916

Back to top Go down

Official statement and informations about SUN + 1 new song: RUIN! - Page 2 Empty Tracklisting

Post  Cokelike Tue 19 Jun - 8:21

Just thinking about the track listing. I'm glad "Real Life" made the cut. I wonder how recently she recorded it. I wonder if it sounds like the 2002 version or if its more closer the recent live versions that were much slower.
Everytime I read the "Nothing But Time" title I think of her singing that line in "American Flag". Man, new Cat Power! I cant wait to hear this album!!
Cokelike
Cokelike

Back to top Go down

Official statement and informations about SUN + 1 new song: RUIN! - Page 2 Empty Re: Official statement and informations about SUN + 1 new song: RUIN!

Post  Nicolaoua Tue 19 Jun - 8:33

Yesterday afternoon, i wasn't able to do anything but looking for the information to come out. I was so deeply convinced that yesterday was the day! And what a day! very happy

At first i didn't know what to think about the song, which was exactly what i felt about the new "King Rides By version" 6 months ago (6 months already!).
Chan going electro-pop! What happened to the "Queen of sadcore"?! Very Happy
Anyway i like it a lot but the sound is a real surprise.

I didn't sleep much tonight, i even woke up at 1AM to check if the itunes exclusives were revealed! Another surprise: no "Let Me Go" or "Woman of my word"! What the F...?
I've asked Matdor if we could expect additional songs with the deluxe vinyl but i don't really expect any answer from them.
Nicolaoua
Nicolaoua
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cokelike Tue 19 Jun - 8:59

I wonder if it'll be on colored vinyl.

It's interesting that she said in the interview that she had so many songs to chose from and they couldnt all fit on a CD. How long could the 11 song CD be? I think that what she was really saying was she couldnt get them all to fit on a vinyl album. It seems like she always considers the vinyl format over the CD, which I think is really cool. Her longest album is You Are Free. At 53 minutes, its just short enough to fit on one record without really effecting the sound quality. She has alot of tracks to chose from on that one but she kept it to 14 songs.
Cokelike
Cokelike

Back to top Go down

Post  camille. Tue 19 Jun - 9:03

Yesterday, I was very happy to see all these stuffs (Ruin, interviews..)
But I'm still a little bit disappointed. I like the song but I really loved the live version so...

King Rides By, it was great because we've never heard it on the 2000's style. Same with Metal Heart.
But Ruin, we have it on 3 different versions and this one is very different from what she has done before.
camille.
camille.

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicolaoua Tue 19 Jun - 9:04

I think your right. I expect something around 50 minutes.

About Back to the Days, it must be this one (a shame we only have the beginning, or it could be a 1 minute song! Laughing ):

Don't remember anything about "Fire".
Nicolaoua
Nicolaoua
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cokelike Tue 19 Jun - 9:15

Nicolaoua wrote:I think your right. I expect something around 50 minutes.

About Back to the Days, it must be this one (a shame we only have the beginning):

Doubtful. What she is playing there is "These Days" by..... Nico. Very Happy (hey thats you, just kidding.)

It appeared on Nico's first album Chelsea Girl, which is IMO, one of the greatest albums ever. The finger picked arrangement of "Song To Bobby" is very similar to the style of "These Days" so at some point it was decided to join them together. I dont think she ever sang the whole thing live, I think it was always meant to be a lead-in type thing for "Song To Bobby". I really wish there was a full version of it though.

If she did cover it, I am thinking she would've just used the title, "These Days", like all her other covers she does. Back To The Days must be something else.
Cokelike
Cokelike

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicolaoua Tue 19 Jun - 9:25

I prefer this! Because she already released a 1 minute song as a bonus: remember "Love to be Silly"?
Nicolaoua
Nicolaoua
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cokelike Tue 19 Jun - 9:39

That is such a great video. Her and the band sound really good.
Cokelike
Cokelike

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicolaoua Tue 19 Jun - 9:48

Cokelike wrote:
That is such a great video. Her and the band sound really good.

Speaking of the band, i'm still in shock that she may have dropped the Dirty Delta Blues Band for her next tour!
Nicolaoua
Nicolaoua
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cokelike Tue 19 Jun - 10:03

Yeah, that is wild. From the interview it at least sounded like they wouldnt be on this tour.
Cokelike
Cokelike

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathynat Tue 19 Jun - 10:13

Oh crap! September, 3rd, in the same time that the album so..
I thought we could hear "Fire"..Anyway, we have "Ruin" and the more we listen, the more we love! The sound makes happy, gives energy Smile
And the album cover is so beautiful too
Nicolaoua, connection moon/sun, well done! All the albums express how she feels, how she grows and so, the lady glides well!
I feel that the people (lucky Wink ) who saw her in concert have already heard the future songs. Am I right?
She drops the Dirty Delta Blues Band ,so sad! There was a great complicity between them
Nathynat
Nathynat

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicolaoua Tue 19 Jun - 10:40

Nathynat wrote:Oh crap! September, 3rd, in the same time that the album so..

En même temps que quoi? Que la rentrée scolaire?
Nicolaoua
Nicolaoua
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathynat Tue 19 Jun - 13:59

Non, que la saint Grégoire!
En fait, en même temps que l'album donc comprises dans le téléchargement de celui ci je suppose. Et donc, inutile de chercher à les télécharger à part.
Oui, mon anglais n'est pas très au point Wink
Nathynat
Nathynat

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicolaoua Tue 19 Jun - 14:07

Nicolaoua wrote:
I've asked Matdor if we could expect additional songs with the deluxe vinyl but i don't really expect any answer from them.

I didn't receive any answer about the vinyl but i received a little something: "Hi there – no current plans for a limited CD."

Therefore, hopes for additional songs on the limited vinyl edition remain. Otherwise, why would it be a limited edition?

A few thoughts about the cover art: isn't it odd that Chan picked a 20 years old photo of herself? I mean she is still smoking hot! I love you
The picture is gorgeous but she could have taken the same with her 40 years old self. Soulh we read that as a "back to the roots statement"?

------

Quelques réflexions en vrac: n'est-il pas bizarre que Chan ait choisi une photo d'elle-même qui a presque 20 ans? Ce n'est pas comme si elle n'était plus "super canon" aujourd'hui! I love you
La photo est magnifique mais elle aurait pu sans problème faire la même photo avec son visage actuel. Doit-on y voir un signe d'une volonté de retourner à ses envies musicales initiales?
Nicolaoua
Nicolaoua
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  camille. Tue 19 Jun - 16:42

Cokelike wrote:
Yeah, that is wild. From the interview it at least sounded like they wouldnt be on this tour.

Hum, I remember that Chan & DDB were supposed to stop touring together at the end of 2008 but because they were very closes, they were still touring together (two or the complete band).
camille.
camille.

Back to top Go down

Post  Cokelike Tue 19 Jun - 17:22

Nicolaoua wrote:A few thoughts about the cover art: isn't it odd that Chan picked a 20 years old photo of herself? I mean she is still smoking hot! I love you
The picture is gorgeous but she could have taken the same with her 40 years old self. Soulh we read that as a "back to the roots statement"?

Thats what I thought. Also, when I heard she cut her hair my first thought was this quote from 1998 interview:

"When I write songs, it's for personal reasons," she insists. "Like the reason you might get a haircut or move out
of town -- it's because you don't want to look at negative images any more so you do something in your own life to
change the situation. I wrote songs."
Cokelike
Cokelike

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicolaoua Tue 19 Jun - 17:50

After living 24 hours with the studio version of RUIN, i listened again to the concert version and i feel that finally they are very close.

Nicolaoua
Nicolaoua
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cokelike Tue 19 Jun - 18:00

Nicolaoua wrote:Therefore, hopes for additional songs on the limited vinyl edition remain. Otherwise, why would it be a limited edition?

The limited edition vinyl is going to be coming out on "Sittin' On A Ruin Records". Laughing
Cokelike
Cokelike

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicolaoua Tue 19 Jun - 18:06

Cokelike wrote:
Nicolaoua wrote:Therefore, hopes for additional songs on the limited vinyl edition remain. Otherwise, why would it be a limited edition?

The limited edition vinyl is going to be coming out on "Sittin' On A Ruin Records". Laughing

And you can get it on www.sittinonaruin.com! thumbs up (cf live Atlanta May 2004)
Nicolaoua
Nicolaoua
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  camille. Tue 19 Jun - 18:08

Oh I remember about that. And Run DMC came and do a chorus...
Laughing
It was a funny story.
camille.
camille.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sab Wed 20 Jun - 19:20

Nicolaoua wrote:
Cokelike wrote:

And you can get it on www.sittinonaruin.com! thumbs up (cf live Atlanta May 2004)

Elle vient de loin cette chanson quand même quand on y pense! Very Happy
Sab
Sab

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2