Ode to Chan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2006-era setlist questions

2 posters

Go down

2006-era setlist questions Empty 2006-era setlist questions

Post  humble-genius Mon 26 Jul - 14:37

hello!

I have been re-organizing some old concert recordings I have, and this forum has been a VERY useful, thank you.

I have a couple of questions around 2006-era set lists that I am wondering if anyone here might be able to help answer.

shows with the memphis rhythm band started with a piece called "Soul Serenade". I'm trying to identify - is this a cover, if so, of what? or is it an original piece by the memphis rhythm band, if so are there any other recordings of it?

second question relates to "Since You Been Gone", another piece performed by the memphis rhythm band. it is always identified on this site (as well as on setlist.fm) as a "Maceo Parker cover". anyone know where this credit originated? I ask because I am having trouble tracking down a recording of this song by Maceo Parker. meanwhile I did find a suggestion that it is actually a cover of a song by Garland Green (someone Tennie Hodges worked with). links:
https://transpondster.tumblr.com/post/35387679201/touring-with-cat-power-at-the-time-and-with-a-bad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGF713G75j0

humble-genius

Back to top Go down

2006-era setlist questions Empty Re: 2006-era setlist questions

Post  Cokelike Sun 1 Aug - 17:39

Hi there!

Regarding "Soul Serenade" and "Since You've Been Gone", I also spent time trying to track down information on those two and got no further than you. I always assumed they were regular numbers that the MRB played at other shows but I don't know much beyond this. Sorry about that. Post here if you find more info please. 
Cokelike
Cokelike

Back to top Go down