Ode to Chan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

9/3/04 - Boulder, CO, Bandshell Amphitheater, Civic Park, "Moonrise Music & Arts Festival"

Go down

9/3/04 - Boulder, CO, Bandshell Amphitheater, Civic Park, "Moonrise Music & Arts Festival" Empty 9/3/04 - Boulder, CO, Bandshell Amphitheater, Civic Park, "Moonrise Music & Arts Festival"

Post  Cokelike Sun 13 Jan - 9:05

9/3/04 - Boulder, CO, Bandshell Amphitheater, Civic Park, "Moonrise Music & Arts Festival"

A solo performance and also a free show.

Short Comment

She came to the Boulder Bandshell and played a free (!?!) show to the full crowd. At the time I wanted to know what made her so sad. Her songs felt so heavy. They were almost like dirges. But how cool is this?: She called to the crowd, "Do you want to go?" (pause) "Do you want to go with me? To the prom?" Some guy said yes and she came back with "Just get to know me better and you'll change your tune real fast." Gotta love her.

----------------------------

Short Comment

She played a free show at the Boulder Bandshell on the corner of Broadway & Canyon - it put me to sleep. It was just her & a piano and she was wicked shy.

----------------------------

Matador Forum Member Review

Another lovely free show! Having heard all of these stories about Cat Power shows, and now having seen two in the past couple of months that were simply fantastic, I'm wondering what up? True, she does have some idiosyncratic stage mannerisms, like stopping some songs because she's not happy about them, or doing little blues noodling between songs (like she's practicing or something), but all of that is completely secondary. The primary material is her voice, and as you all know, it's truly gorgeous. Warm, soulful, lonely. From the moment I hear it, it washes everything else away. I melt..... She would have kept playing had not the town shut down the show at whatever time that was. Nonetheless, it was a very generous performance. Happiness.....
Cokelike
Cokelike

Back to top Go down