Ode to Chan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5/10/05 - Brisbane, Australia, Convention Centre

Go down

5/10/05 - Brisbane, Australia, Convention Centre  Empty 5/10/05 - Brisbane, Australia, Convention Centre

Post  Cokelike Thu 2 Aug - 5:26

5/10/05 - Brisbane, Australia, Convention Centre

This was the first date of a eight date tour of Australia. Cat Power opened for Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds at this show as well as at least three others on this tour. For this tour, Chan was backed by Matt Hartman on guitar and Will Fratesi on drums, from her "You Are Free" touring band. She last played a concert with them almost a year ago on 5/29/04.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The support act was Cat Power, who I like...but I just couldn't get into it because I was so turned on to Nick. And she was totally in that vibe too, kept apologising and saying things like 'don't worry, we won't be long...' I think it must have been a very hard gig for her. And people were trying to be polite and appreciative but obviously we're all there for the main band...

------------------

Cat Power. Hmmm...Someone yelled out "Who are you?" at the start of her set and then towards the end someone threw a CD (a demo perhaps?) at her (!!). She has a genuinely great voice and looks like Nico, but tonight she was like a couple of Valium before you hit the town...like other concerts she has played she seemed to forget words, mumbled audibly "I'll stop playing that song now" and "sorry about that" at the end of her set and really didn't need that grand piano onstage. I felt like I was watching a rehearsal.
Cokelike
Cokelike

Back to top Go down