Ode to Chan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cat Power on Ebay

2 posters

Go down

Cat Power on Ebay Empty Cat Power on Ebay

Post  Cokelike Wed 22 Feb - 2:48

Every once in a while, I look at ebay to see if there are any interesting Cat Power items.

I have seen this test pressing for "Nude As The News" listed there a long time:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cat-Power-Nude-News-7-Matador-Test-Pressing-/400276395467?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item5d325515cb

The seller wants $3000.00. Test pressings are hard to find for sure. But, wow, $3000? It's not even an unreleased recording.

The other item I see all the time is are copies of her first single, "Headlights". What's weird to me is that I've never seen a numbered copy. They all have a "Hello Kitty" stamp on them where the number should be. Supposedly there were only 500 copies made. I wonder why they werent actually numbered?
Cokelike
Cokelike

Back to top Go down

Cat Power on Ebay Empty Re: Cat Power on Ebay

Post  Nicolaoua Mon 27 Feb - 17:29

I didn't see this topic before today. Shocked
Well, he asks 3000$ but you can try to offer 50$. Laughing
Have you ever found interesting items, like posters or promo cds?
I must admit that i've never bought anything like that. My Cat Power vinyl records are not even first pressings. I wonder if there is really such a market for Cat Power.
Nicolaoua
Nicolaoua
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/Ode-to-Chan-the-Cat-Power-forum-5496916

Back to top Go down

Post  Cokelike Tue 28 Feb - 0:44

I've seen a number of concert posters and promo cds. Many of which are pretty affordable. I just dont really collect that stuff. One item I'd like to own is a Cat Power t-shirt. But I dont think there are any official ones. I might try to have one made one day.

Most interesting item I saw was this painting Chan made:

Cat Power on Ebay Painti10

I think she made this to auction off for the Haiti earthquake relief fund. I think it went for $500.00 (a steal!) on the site which auctioned it, which was not ebay. And while its a totally unique piece of art, the winner decided put it up on Ebay within a year for I think $1000.00 (must not have been that much of a Cat Power fan...). I am not sure if it sold or not but I really considered trying to raise the money to make a bid.

Here Chan creates the painting, including images of her signature and fingerprint:

Cat Power on Ebay Painti11

Cat Power on Ebay Painti12

Cat Power on Ebay Painti13

Cat Power on Ebay Painti14

Cat Power on Ebay Painti15
Cokelike
Cokelike

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicolaoua Wed 26 Sep - 6:40

Nicolaoua
Nicolaoua