Ode to Chan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Présentez-vous/Introduce yourself

+15
Jeremy
vikking
Flyvapnet
desperateK
foomoo
silent-machine
Cokelike
changeling
Sab
Nathynat
Blue Jay Way
camille.
NoLookPass
Val
Nicolaoua
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Présentez-vous/Introduce yourself - Page 2 Empty Re: Présentez-vous/Introduce yourself

Post  Cokelike Sat 13 Oct - 16:23

foomoo wrote:Hi, guys. Very Happy Nice site you guys got here.

Hi, Foomoo! Smile
Cokelike
Cokelike

Back to top Go down

Présentez-vous/Introduce yourself - Page 2 Empty Re: Présentez-vous/Introduce yourself

Post  foomoo Sat 13 Oct - 16:31

Thank you guys for the warm welcome. I'll try my best to contribute on here as much as I can. thumbs up
foomoo
foomoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicolaoua Sun 14 Oct - 8:33

Welcome!
Indeed, don't worry about the parts written in French. When such a thing occurs, it's not "vital" informations, and most of the time it's just a few thoughts that don't really deserve to be translated. Wink
Nicolaoua
Nicolaoua
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/Ode-to-Chan-the-Cat-Power-forum-5496916

Back to top Go down

Post  foomoo Sun 14 Oct - 12:04

Ok, thank you again for the welcome. console
foomoo
foomoo

Back to top Go down

Présentez-vous/Introduce yourself - Page 2 Empty Chloe taking over

Post  Cokelike Sat 27 Oct - 14:33

I am leaving for Detroit and Chicago. I'll be back soon to talk about the concerts.

My cat, Chloe, will be taking over in my place. She has detailed instructions on how to add pictures/videos and stuff.

Présentez-vous/Introduce yourself - Page 2 Zi6_0310

Présentez-vous/Introduce yourself - Page 2 Zi6_3910
Cokelike
Cokelike

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicolaoua Sat 27 Oct - 14:36

Laughing Have a nice time!
Nicolaoua
Nicolaoua
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Val Sat 27 Oct - 14:49

Enjoy it thumbs up
Waiting for your impressions.....

Val

Back to top Go down

Post  Sab Sat 27 Oct - 14:55

Nice to meet you, Chloe!

Have a safe trip Cokelike!
Sab
Sab

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicolaoua Sat 27 Oct - 16:15

By the way, if you want to meet Chan, you'd better visit charity shop rather than records shops! Wink
Nicolaoua
Nicolaoua
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  desperateK Wed 31 Oct - 16:31

Hello everyone!

I've been registered since June and I've realised I hadn't even introduced myself, which is rahter sad. A Spanish Cat Power fan since I discovered her in 2001-2002.

Cheers!

desperateK

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicolaoua Wed 31 Oct - 16:43

desperateK wrote:
Hello everyone!

I've been registered since June and I've realised I hadn't even introduced myself, which is rahter sad. A Spanish Cat Power fan since I discovered her in 2001-2002.

Cheers!

Hola! coucou
Nicolaoua
Nicolaoua
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sab Wed 31 Oct - 17:46

desperateK wrote:
Hello everyone!

Cheers!

Welcome!!! Nice to meet you! cheers
Sab
Sab

Back to top Go down

Présentez-vous/Introduce yourself - Page 2 Empty Greetings!

Post  Flyvapnet Thu 15 Nov - 6:34

Hello, fellow appreciators of Charlyn Marie Marshall and her music! Please forgive me for not being literate in French: I know my ignorance of the French language will diminish the quality of my experience here, but here I am all the same. I attended a Cat Power concert at Portland in Oregon some years ago, at a crap venue which I can't even find on line anymore; but I loved Chan's performance, in spite of constant interference by rowdy noise from a crowded bar which adjoined the concert area. As all too often happens at concerts, the mediocre warm-up act went on and on and on ... but Chan was worth the tedious wait.

As for me, I'm retired from the profession of journalism. It's delightful to stay at home with cat Blue (my feline companion and live-in therapist) along with lots of books, some Cat Power albums and the Internet. I thank those responsible for creating and maintaining this Web site! All power to Cat Power; and I sincerely hope she will beat this angioedema malady which has stricken her. Best wishes and good luck to her and to you, all of you who appreciate Chan's wonderful talents.

coucou

=^..^=
Flyvapnet
Flyvapnet

http://home.comcast.net/~mister-cat1

Back to top Go down

Post  Cokelike Thu 15 Nov - 7:22

Hi, Flyvapnet!! It's nice to meet you! Smile My cat Chloe is on here sometimes, she says "Hello" to Blue as well.
Cokelike
Cokelike

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicolaoua Thu 15 Nov - 8:47

Welcome Flyvapnet!
Nicolaoua
Nicolaoua
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sab Thu 15 Nov - 12:36

Hello Flyvapnet!

Welcome! cheers coucou
Sab
Sab

Back to top Go down

Présentez-vous/Introduce yourself - Page 2 Empty Salutations!

Post  Flyvapnet Fri 16 Nov - 0:00

Hello Cokelike, Chloe, Nicolaoua and Sab! Blue and I thank you all for your kind welcome!

sunny

=^..^=
Flyvapnet
Flyvapnet

http://home.comcast.net/~mister-cat1

Back to top Go down

Post  vikking Wed 20 Feb - 17:33

Je suis vik, fan francais de Chan , vivant actuellement en Normandie.
Fin 2012, sur la route de Paris, "the greatest" est passé sur une radio et ce fut comme une révélation.
Depuis j’écoute et réécoute Chan. Sa voix, ses mélodies , me font vibrer et me transportent dans des zones encore inexplorées de mon âme.

Pouvoir disposer de toutes ces informations, vidéos,... sur ce site c'est inespéré et je suis très heureux de pouvoir partager avec vous ma passion pour Chan.
vikking
vikking

Back to top Go down

Post  Sab Wed 20 Feb - 20:18

Bonsoir Vik!

Sois le bienvenu! Une nouvelle tête, ça fait toujours plaisir! cheers
Sab
Sab

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicolaoua Thu 21 Feb - 7:26

Bienvenu au club! thumbs up
Nicolaoua
Nicolaoua
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Thu 30 May - 18:38

Hi everyone! coucou

I'm Jeremy and I'm 20. I've been a Cat Power fan for the past two months (yes quite late!). As my pseudonym could let you guess, I'm also a huge Bob Dylan fan (for many years this time!) and actually, I was introduced to Chan's music by her outstanding cover of Stuck Inside of Mobile With the Memphis Blues Again which can be found on the I'm not there Soundtrack. By now, I've bought four of Cat Power's albums (What Would the Community Think, The Covers Record, You are Free & The Greatest) and as soon as i'll recover financial health Laughing (yes, i'm a music addict and i love it too much to content myself with downloading so... Laughing ), I will extend my Cat Power collection. I've discovered Ode to Chan for a week now and I'd like to thank everyone who is sharing experience and knowledge here. I'll try to contribute to the forum too. Chan's music & world is, in my opinion, very complex and interesting and I think she's, like nobody else, precisely standing at the crossroads between my main musical tastes (indie rock & 60s/70s great songwriting)! Oh... I forgot to mention that she's got the voice of an angel, deeply emotional and sometimes so sexy ! i'm sure we'll be sharing great times here Very Happy !

Ps: By the way, i'm French so I hope that my English isn't so bad!
Jeremy
Jeremy

http://music-for-the-road.blogspot.fr/

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicolaoua Thu 30 May - 18:56

Salut! coucou
Ben dis donc ton anglais est impeccable!
Et fan de Bob Dylan? Je ne pouvais pas espérer meilleure nouvelle recrue! very happy
Nicolaoua
Nicolaoua
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sab Thu 30 May - 19:00

Salut Jeremy!

Bienvenu! Un nouvelle tête, c'est cool! thumbs up
Sab
Sab

Back to top Go down

Post  Cokelike Fri 31 May - 3:10

PathsofVictory wrote:Hi everyone! coucou

Hi! Welcome! Glad you are here with us! Smile
Cokelike
Cokelike

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremy Fri 31 May - 7:27

Merci à tous pour cet accueil chaleureux!
Thanks everyone for this warm welcome! Very Happy
Jeremy
Jeremy

http://music-for-the-road.blogspot.fr/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next